This is What Happens When Politics Becomes More Violent Than Football

For the vast majority of people who follow national elections in this country, the payoff they’re looking for when they campaign for this or that political figure is that warm and fuzzy feeling you get when the home team wins the big game. Or, more important, when a hated rival loses.

-From Griftopia: Bubble Machines, Vampire Squids, and the Long Con That is Breaking America by Matt Tabbi

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Next Big Blog Article - Reader's Choice

Dear Blog Followers,

First off I want to give you a hearty thanks for joining and/or reading my blog. I am committed to giving a unique perspective of the world of politics and writing with a bit of humor from time to time. I appreciate the fact that what I have to say interests you enough for your continued viewage of How to Fix the America.  The Evolution of the Revolution truly has begun!

I was hoping to receive a phone call from some random person that read this blog offering me $100,000 per year to either write for them, join their think tank, or analyze the world of politics for them.  No such luck.  Long story short, I have to go back into the teaching world again tomorrow.  Never fear, dear reader, I plan on keeping up the blogging but I fear I will probably be restricted to a few entries per week.  Many of this entries will be "quick hits", short musings on politics or economics or any other topic related to the social sciences.  I do, however, plan on writing some longer pieces that involve plenty of original research that take lots of time to create and that's where you, dear reader, come in to play.  Today I am setting up a poll to let you pick my first long in-depth article. You can vote on the main page towards the upper right hand section.  Here are the options:

1) How to fix the Senate before it completely destroys our country.
2) How to massively improve the American education model.
3) Why I think President Obama will be a one-term president.
4) What it takes to be a great president in the 21st century.

Anyways, I'm equally excited about all four options and I will let you, dear reader, chose.  Of course, if nobody votes I will have to pick, in which case I will probably flip a four sided coin.

The Evolution of the Revolution has begun! Enjoy the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment